Better than Sex (2000)

What's better than sex? Love? What a cliché.

I'd say, it depends. Are you comparing good love vs bad sex, good love vs good sex, bad love vs good sex or bad love vs bad sex? Love's clearly better only in the first case. The others..I'm not so sure. The movie seems to suggest that love is better than sex. Or perhaps it's the possibility of love that's better than sex? I don't know. You tell me after watching.

Better Than Sex (2000)


Josh (David Wenham) and Cin (Susie Porter) met at a party and shared a cab on the way back. They're sexually attracted to each other and decided to spend the night together. Predictably, the awesome chemistry between them makes extension a no brainer. One becomes three.



Typical storyline. First fall in love with the body and sex, then only the person. Harmless and casual fling triggers the desire to want more. Nothing extraordinary but it's a nice and fun little film to watch while snuggling with your lover on the couch. As long as it leads to sex in real life, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Charming characters, funny moments, natural acting, sparks and....bodies. Sex in here is playful, electrical and inseparable -- so my type. Why hasn't something like this happen to me?

While the movie isn't particularly thought-provoking, I think the interviews, internal monologues and dialogs add a touch of honesty and all those talks about gender differences/stereotypes will probably give you a few heartfelt smiles.

(source: imdb)
Cin: [internal monologue] So that was it. I really felt like sex. I want sex. I need sex. I love sex.

Josh: It's sexy when their hips and their bottoms start to move around like that. But after a while I felt like my jaw was going to drop outta my head.

Josh: [on the phone] Hey, Cin, it's me. Look I'm outside the apartment and I think the only thing for us to do is to have sex immediately.

[internal monologues]
Cin: I want my bed.
Josh: I need to sleep.
Cin: No more sex, god, I can't take it anymore.
Josh: I hate sex.
Cin: I just want to get into bed.
Josh: I just want to go to sleep.
 
Josh: I don't know, there's something really exciting when you click with someone. Feeling them become aroused, feeling their hunger and their passion, like you've let something out of a cage. The noises, the heat, that moaning thing, their desire. Sometimes it's hard to let go of just like that. 






Keep in mind that this isn't a movie that's meant to be deep or meaningful or whathaveyou. It's a light-hearted romantic comedy alright. Just download the movie, sit back and enjoy.

wanna stay in bed all day,
aku yg tak insaf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...